i really shouldn't be doing this during class.....


1st suspicious email from school:

Dear Students, At noon, I'll be announcing that (my lawschool) and the Fucknuts have agreed to name their baseball Stadium the " Law School Stadium." We also get a number of other beneficial uses, including several that are student-focuses. I've put an announcement on the Portal that highlights the proposal.

My apologies for the surprise. The agreement among (my school), the Fucknuts and the City was for this to remain confidential until the ceremony today. I intended to send this message at about this time, so that you and our employees would learn about it a little in advance.


This email was sent from our president to all the students in March AFTER the story hit the news because it was hush/hush cover-up. The issue that pissed us all off was not only how secretive they were about it but the fact that our tuition money went to put the school name on the stadium. BULL FUCKING SHIT. So you want to know all the "beneficial uses that are student focused"? Let me direct you to email #2

"Now that we are in week 3 of the term I suspect that you are all back into the "swing" of things. If you are in town this weekend, we would like to invite 18 students for a "3rd Week Game Blowout" at Law School Stadium on Saturday, May 22, 2010 for a 7:05 p.m. game. Students who respond to this email will be invited to join us on a first-come, first-served basis in the school Suite, and each student may include the name of one other student they would like to have join them. Once we have filled to capacity we will distribute tickets. But we will also keep a waiting list in case anyone drops out before the game."

We've actually had about 3 of these stupid fucking emails. We don't get free tickets to the games on a regular basis. They offer, at max, 36 tickets to a school of thousands. Sounds super fair right? Any moron knows law school ain't cheap. Besides the fact that we have to PAY FOR PARKING, HAVE NO CAFES ON CAMPUS and are CONTINUOUSLY GOUGED for money, you can understand why the student body was shocked and pissed off at the recent developments. Rot in hell you administrative bastards. I will be paying back student loans for the rest of my life a portion of which went to support a baseball stadium that I will probably never go to. Sickening.

On transferring....

See this is why I can't stay at this school. Anyway, June 1st my first application is due we JUST GOT GRADES yesterday despite last semester ending 6 weeks ago. I know it makes total sense to me too. I have to get my transcripts to LSAC before June so I need to put in my request yesterday so LSAC will have time (2 weeks) to process that info. I also have to send my letters of good standing directly to the 4 schools I am applying to. This costs $5 per letter, $10 per transcript, app fees, LSDAS report for each school, yall know the drill. For awhile I will be hemorrhaging money in an effort to get out of the midwest. But it will be worth it because my tuition will go towards my education not a crappy, city minor league baseball team. Well, I completely missed out on how to do statutory analysis in class, but luckily my prof podcasts. Have a good day its sunny!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts