so this is what it feels like to be depressed

Do you ever start the day excited, refreshed, hell-bent on turning your life around? The past few months seem like a distant star of negativity that you can and want to, put behind you. The type of day where you will find your dream job, go for a run, or clean your room. You feel so adult and determined to do adult things.

These lofty dreams and ambitions usually begin well enough. But then, suddenly, something traumatically minuscule happens that sets your ambitions back 10 years. Like today, when I spilled a full cup of coffee.

I decided I couldn't go to those open interviews at more restaurants. Printing out my service resume seemed like an insurmountable task. Hell, I couldn't even leave my house yesterday to get laid! Something is definitely seriously wrong. This is going to be a short post, as I have to crawl back into bed and let the feeling of hopelessness wash over me. I'll leave you with a conversation I had with my mom last night before she headed off to 7-11.

Mom: Do you need anything from the store?
Me: Antidepressants.
Mom: Grrmpphhh.

Comments

Popular Posts